Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Waco, TX

After the Dance Rally, I headed for the WIN series of gatherings in Northern Arkansas and Southern Missouri. (NARKSMO) On the way, several of us spent a few days in Waco at Speegleville Park, a beautiful Corps of Engineers campground right on Waco Lake.


One day we visited the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum.


There were lots of guns and other stuff to see, but I was looking for Walker, Texas Ranger.


Ha! Found him!


Waco has a beautiful suspension bridge over the Brazos River. Built in 1870, it was then the longest single-span suspension bridge west of the Mississippi.


They catch some really big catfish around here!


We also went to the zoo. It was better than most I've been to because you could really see the animals.


The lions were out sunbathing.


And the meerkats were smiling for the camera!

4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

I didn't realize there was so much to see in Waco. I'll have to put it on my list.

Love the two cats - leopards?

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a very pretty town. Too bad they're mostly known for just one thing.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Skuttlebutt11 said...

Want to say I love your blog

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you happen to go to the Dr Pepper Museum while you were in Waco? It's a great place to learn the history of Dr Pepper. :)

Elise

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home