Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Night Out on the Town

I'm in Bandera, TX for the Annual All-Singles Dance Rally. There are 170 single RVers here with me. Wednesday night a lot of us went to the 11th Street Cowboy Bar for their weekly grill-your-own/dance.


This bar is the biggest dance place in town and is known for all the bras hanging around. Apparently, if you leave your bra, they give you a t-shirt.


Four big grills were set up, and the bar sold sides and setups.


Oneta fell on the dance floor a few nights ago and is unable to dance or cut meat for a week, but Bob was ever helpful.


A cowboy came by and asked me if I wanted some "banes," and I was clueless what he meant. Finally I asked him to spell it and he said "Frijoles." Ooooohhh! Beans! I guess he knew I was a tourist. But I'm eating beef, which I haven't had in years, so maybe I AM becoming a Texan!


The sawdust went down and the Lone Star Pickerz band tuned up.


They have a huge dance floor. Donna, how many of these people do you recognize?


One of the band's party took a great picture of Phil and me.


Some of the women in our group got up on stage and provided backup and dancing. The band named them "The Irritations."


Watch the video and you'll be amazed. Remember all of them are in their 60s! I had such a good time, I can't wait to go back next week!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you folks camped in Bandera?

5:58 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

We're at Skyline Ranch RV Park, and we pretty much have the whole park.

10:09 PM  
Blogger sally said...

Hey, they're playing my song!!

10:34 PM  
Blogger owner said...

Quite a few. Billy, Jim, Judd, and tall Jim. The gal band I also recognized quite a few. And the video definitely makes me homesick for the west.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Great post - I almost feel like I'm there. Did you get a t-shirt? It looks like you're having a terrific time. And you're even eating meat! Poor Oneta!

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What percentage of the group are WINers? You look and sound like you are having a wonderful time. Is Sharon Dalton there yet? Tell her I said "hi".

Hugs, Sharon

10:39 AM  
Blogger onthemove said...

Glad you are having such a super time!! Fantastic place for a dance rally.

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did anyone from the group get a T-shirt?

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharon, take a good look at the video and you'll see me. I'm having a blast!!!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home