Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hondo, TX

The Escapee park in Hondo was a perfect place to stop for a few days on the way to the Bandera All-Singles Dance Rally. Everyone was laughing at me for getting hookups, but it was HOT!


Lots of other WINs had the same idea to stop here, so we got together for a pot luck/burn-your-own dinner.


While in Hondo, I bought a new little camera, a Canon Power Shot SD1000. It's only 3 3/8" by 2 1/8", so it fits easily in a little pocket of my purse. I'm still going to use my big camera when I want to take picturesque stuff.


My first picture!


We all went shopping for cowboy duds in preparation for the Dance Rally. See how handy this new camera is?


Bertie needed to test out the danceability of her new boots.

6 Comments:

Blogger sally said...

Ah, Bertie and Max dancing in the store. How cute. :-)

PS hookups are great. No sense being HOT!!

8:37 PM  
Blogger owner said...

Wow I recognized all but one. All the couples I knew. Didn't recognize the one guy who's face is in the sun at the pot luck.

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice yard, did you have to mow the grass while you were there? :)

Good camera... surprised you didn't ask me for my opinion. Terri has pretty much the same camera and she loves it, it's very easy to see the shutter speed, aperture and ISO when you take a picture.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You actually used the AC! It must have been really hot.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Ah, a mini WIN gathering - the best kind. Love the first picture.

(Don't feel badly, Donna, I don't know him either.)

7:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hookups and using the AC? Do I know this person?

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home