Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Monday, July 17, 2006

More Beautiful Hikes






Yesterday, I took a 2-boat trip across Swiftcurrent Lake and Lake Josephine. From there I hiked to Grinnell Lake. (1st picture) The boats make it easy to get into the heart of the park. A ranger/naturalist gave an interesting talk on the way over. The big question was, How did they get the boat to Lake Josephine? (There is a .2 mile hilly stretch between the lakes.) Helicopter? No. Disassemble and reassemble? No. The answer? They used a stream that flows only in the spring. It still took 12 college guys a week to shove the boat over.

Today I hiked the first 3 miles of the Highline Trail. This trail starts across from the Visitors Center at Logan Pass, and basically goes along the side of a cliff. It’s full of great views, flowers and wildlife, including some very cooperative mountain goats.

Diana

1 Comments:

Blogger owner said...

I'm really enjoying your blog. Your pictures are great and writing is very good.We Are going to be up there in about two weeks.
bob & donna
http://parkerrver.blogspot.com

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home