Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Waterton Lakes National Park




Yesterday, we went on a whirlwind tour of Canada’s portion of Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park. Deer have invaded the tiny townsite of Waterton. We must have seen 20, lolling around town, munching on the residents’ flowers. High above the town stands the Prince of Wales Hotel, a grand building, as you can see. We drove out to Red Rock Canyon where we saw two female and a baby big horn sheep.

The Canadian-U.S. border goes right through Upper Waterton Lake, and if you take a boat ride, you can actually see the border. Trees have been cut down to create a huge line, which goes for miles on either side of the lake, all the way up a mountain. I saw it on my helicopter ride a few weeks ago.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a film made years ago starring Sidney Poitier called "Shoot to Kill." It wasn't a terribly good movie but the scenery and cinematography was jaw dropping. I highly recommend it. It was shot in the midst of VERY rugged mountains in the Canadian Rockies.

- Scott

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home