Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Yoho National Park, Lake Louise, and Moraine Lake





Barbara, Ron and I took a day trip to some of the great scenic spots in the area. We went to Moraine Lake and the Valley of the Ten Peaks first. It is impossible to take a bad picture here. By the time we got to Lake Louise, it was a little cloudier, but still beautiful.

On our way back through Yoho, we saw Takakkaw Falls, which pours down more than 1200 feet from a glacier into the Yoho River. We also stopped at Emerald Lake. Barbara and I were here as children and remember thinking then, as now, that the color is not emerald. It should be called Turquoise Lake.

Diana

2 Comments:

Blogger sally said...

More beautiful pictures!!

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great and beautiful pictures with that new camera. Those pictures remind me of my journey through that gorgeous country over ten years ago. Did you hike to the tea house(s) at Lake Louise -- behind the hotel? (I hope they still exist.)

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home