Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Lakes, Moose, and a Waterfall




This morning I went up to the Many Glacier section of the park, and walked to a couple of lakes. At Fishercap Lake near the Swiftcurrent Motor Inn, I saw 2 large bull moose. They were feeding on some kind of aquatic plant by dunking their heads under the water, grabbing something, then coming back up, and chewing.

I then went walking along Swiftcurrent Lake and Lake Josephine. Nice views, spectacular cloud formations, and pretty flowers. Amazingly, I ran into someone I knew–Chuck Januska, a member of WIN.

In the afternoon, Randy and I walked to St. Mary Falls. Quite impressive. The only thing I didn’t like was the fact that the trail went downhill first. That always makes me nervous.

Tonight we went to a ranger program at the campground. We didn’t know what it would be about, which was good. The program was entitled "Scat Happens," and contained way too much information. For example, you can recognize elk scat by its "nipple-dimple formation." Apparently, this is a popular subject in the park. The number-one best selling book in the Visitors Center is called "Who Pooped in the Park?"

Diana

2 Comments:

Blogger sally said...

Another Moose!! Thanks.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Diana,
Just returned from Carbondale and am catching up on your journey. The pictures are grest. Mark and Terri joined us for the weekend and we enjoyed visiting with them.

Carol and Pauline

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home