Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Cowboy Capital of the World

Wow! Why didn't I know about this town before?


They even have a store! I wonder how much the cowboys are?? Let's go see....


Well, no cowboys for sale, but I did find an appropriate shirt, just in case.


Wait! What's that? Two cowboys, one on a longhorn steer!


I chased him down, and he offered to let me sit on the steer, but I was too chicken.


Later at our afternoon get-together, I got to meet another cowboy from town. I talked to John for quite a while, while my friends were giggling and taking pictures. We talked about how different our lives are. He doesn't even own a car, so his world is very small, limited by how far he can ride his horse.


He offered to let me ride his horse, but I was afraid I'd make a fool of myself. I probably couldn't even get on it!


Well, I didn't kiss the cowboy, but I did kiss the horse!

4 Comments:

Blogger sally said...

How does that song go?

"Save a horse, ride a cowboy!!"

and

"Beer for my horses, whiskey for my men."

I'm glad you are having so much fun!!! See ya in Wyoming where there more cowboys waiting for you!! And me!!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Now there's where we differ. I would draw the line at kissing the horse. What a cute post!

7:49 PM  
Blogger owner said...

You sound and look soooo happy. We love the t-shirt. Very appropriate.

6:46 AM  
Blogger onthemove said...

Great post!! What fun watching for cowboys!! Let's try that Cowboy Store again.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home