Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Remember the Alamo

While we were waiting for the dance rally to start last week, Donna, Tom, Max, Bertie, and I went to San Antonio to see some sights. The Alamo was originally a mission for 70 years in the 1700s, but is most famous for The Battle of the Alamo, which occured March 6, 1836. To read the whole story, click here.


They won't let you take pictures inside the Alamo, (I guess they want to sell postcards), but I managed to sneak a few.


The Riverwalk is near the Alamo, so we walked around there for a while.


This family of ducks with 9 babies did a good job of dodging the boats.


We got a great seat at lunch where we could watch the boats go by and almost collide at this intersection.


Tom found a book he thought I needed.

2 Comments:

Blogger sally said...

Oh, I loved the River Walk.
Did you you get me book too?

6:33 PM  
Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

I froze when I was there - of course, it was February. I have to go back.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home