Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

WINs at Sierra Vista


I joined the WINs at their gathering at Sierra Vista, AZ. We were supposed to stay at the Elks (shown here), but we couldn't all fit, so Kmart let the rest of us stay on their huge parking lot. Yeah, Kmart!


We went to check out the cute town of Bisbee, built on some serious hills.


The famous Copper Queen Hotel.


The Copper Queen's bar.


Bisbee in it's heyday, a thriving copper mining town.


The Lavender Pit, an open-pit copper mine.


For you J.A. Jance fans, I found Joanna Brady's car.


The next day we went for a hike up Ramsey Canyon. This is a popular birding hike, and we saw some birds, but didn't know what they were....


While hiking, the aerostat balloon that tracks illegal aliens kept us in sight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Betty in Alaska said...

Hi Diana...
Looks like I'll be 4 weeks short of being in Bisbee to meet you and the other WIN members!...:(

I sure am looking forward to joining all the activities this coming fall...so keep up the good reporting...:)
Betty in Alaska

11:57 PM  
Blogger owner said...

Be sure to go to the Folklore Preserve up the Ramsey Canyon Road. Great performance, we saw Wyatt Earp as told by his great-great nephew.

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you brought your IDs in case the boarder patrol showed up.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home