Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

What Do I Do Now?


After the Dance Rally, I came out to Florence Junction with Barbara and Ron to live in this beautiful cactus garden. Our site even came with a Buddha yard decoration.




The poppies are blooming! Spring has definitely sprung in the Desert Southwest.


I can sit at my table and watch the hummingbirds dodge in and out. What could possibly be the problem!


Barbara and Ron want to leave tomorrow. What do I do? Stay here alone in paradise, or rush back to the safety of the Apache Junction Moose Lodge?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diana,
When you are solo as you know I am, all options are open and at times it seems I have too many options and I get indecisive. For me I check the weather forecast and head for the best weather and let the rest take care of itself.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Well, that is a dilemma. Do you play it safe and head for civilization or take your chances with the beautiful desert wilderness? I have no answer, but good news, we're staying another day so you have more time to decide!

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful photos. Thanks. I needed that to remind me there is more to Arizona than desert.

If you feel uncomfortable, you move to a location where you are comfortable.

You will make it work.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stand outside... close your eyes... take a deep breath... don't force it... the answer will come to you, when it's time

6:56 AM  
Blogger Desert Diva said...

Traveling as a solo has it's ups and downs. I'm only totally free for a couple of months in the summer. However, when I leave a gathering or meet up with folks that I've had a good time leaving is sometimes sad.

If you feel "safe" where you are and need some "alone" time, stay. If not, go to the Moose lodge - especially if you are around folks to do things, go dancing, etc... It's never bothered me to be alone - although I like to be "near civilization" when doing so. Sooner or later, since you are full-timing, you will have to be completely alone.

I think the WIN's are headed to Big Bend later this month - are you going? I'm going to be off for Spring Break on Friday, March 21st and the following week. Maybe I can "meet up" with you somewhere or you can come here.

9:13 AM  
Blogger sally said...

Well, you do have Molly and the Humming birds. Or you can come over to my neck of woods and keep me company while we discuss summer travel options.

5:35 PM  
Blogger squire said...

A dilemma indeed, I'm a wuss and am not sure what I would do. Just go with my gut feeling, I quess.

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can always come to San Diego and visit the grandkids. :)

8:41 AM  
Blogger Lew and Jan Johns said...

Jan (Grandma) and I (Grandpa) both vote for Corrie's Idea. Nothing will cause you to "Keep the Balance" quicker than some "Princess" (and "Prince") Time. That's why these Things have Wheels, Eh?? :~)

Lew

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are doing well. Glad to hear it. We are in the desert at Ogilby. Be here until Mar 18 or later. Leaving for a few days to travel the devils highway which runs across the military bombing range between Yuma and Ajo. Plenty of room here at Ogilby

After we leave here, we will probably go to Lake Roosevelt. Good boondocking there.

e-mail us if you can. Would like to hear just a word or two.

Ron & Gloria

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home