Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What Will YOU Do on your 80th Birthday?


Go skydiving?


Probably not, but that's what my friend John Clairmont did on his 80th!


He was one of 8 WINs who took the plunge at the Dance Rally. (He's the one with the camera.)


Then, the next day, he hiked to the top of Picacho Peak.


This is not an easy hike; there are several places where you need to pull yourself up by cables.


I wish we could all be in this great shape on our 80th! Happy Birthday, John!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's amazing, alright! An inspiration to us all.

7:52 PM  
Blogger owner said...

I guess it's time to come back west. Don't recognize but a couple of these people. Have we been gone THAT long?

8:27 PM  
Blogger onthemove said...

Amazing shots!! I cannot keep up with John now...

8:00 AM  
Blogger Desert Diva said...

What an amazing guy. I'm afraid of heights so the activities would be a "no go" for me. Actually, they say the fear is really a "fear of edges."

8:43 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Thanks, Donna. But I have to own up to the fact that I didn't take any of the shots. Barbara took the skydiving and Ron took Picacho Peak. Thanks, guys!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Marty @ ohexpress Video & Music said...

That is what I want to do!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home