Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Goldfield Ghost Town


I have to admit I've never stopped here before because it looked like a tourist trap that costs money. But it doesn't! At least not to walk the streets of the town. So in I went.


There were lots of my favorite things, rusty stuff, to photograph.


And a bordello, near a chapel.


With the Superstition Mountains in the background, it was a beautiful spot.


Barbara found a guy with a big bag of gold, and immediately started flirting with him!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful mountains in the background. The bordello building looks out of place with all the wood buildings. Are they original or built recently?

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually I didn't even notice he had a bag of gold - I just thought he was cute!

roamingbarbara

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a technical problem with the title picture-- the left half is white?

4:34 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Nope, not a technical problem...
Looks like Randy's been torn off the blog.

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh! I've been following your blog since the beginning. It's none of my business but Randy will be missed. I hope your doing ok Diana?

12:17 AM  
Blogger Lew and Jan Johns said...

The Superstitions look Gorgeous! The green showing on the scree slopes probably looks especially good to a Desert Rat, Eh?? :~)

Lew

11:52 AM  
Blogger Desert Diva said...

I like the "rusty stuff" photographs!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home