Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!


When Granddaughter Mara, age 3, heard that I was 59 today, she said, "That's a really nice number, Grandma. I love that number!" I guess I like it too. I feel fortunate that I was able to retire at an early-enough age to really enjoy my retirement.


What did I get for my birthday? "Brother-in-law" Ron installed my big 1500-watt inverter that I had gotten in Quartzsite. The only thing I will use it for is the microwave. I have a little inverter for the TV, and a DC charger for the computer.


It's installed under the couch, next to the batteries. Check out that BIG 200-amp circuit breaker!


For those who are worried I'll get a short from the springs under the couch, the batteries do have a cover.


Now to see if the microwave works.... Hmmmmmm.... Guess I need to move some stuff....


Ah, that's better. But it's been 9 years since I've had a microwave. I hope I remember how...

10 Comments:

Blogger Donna McNicol said...

HOPPY BIRTHDAY from Froggi Donna...I couldn't live without my microwave. I splurged and got the 2000 watt inverter with my solar. LOL! Hope you have a WONDERFUL day...

2:47 PM  
Blogger Desert Diva said...

Happy Birthday - I hope you treat yourself to something special!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Lew and Jan Johns said...

Uh oh. Dianna, its slippery slope time. Then you're gonna have to get more Solar when you become hopelessly addicted to Microwave Popcorn (or pick your particular "delicacy"). :~)

Lew

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY young lady. Now get out there and have toooo much fun.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Betty in Alaska said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM THE LAND OF ICE & SNOW!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Happy Birthday from both of us. Ron is very happy you're enjoying the inverter. He's available for other projects.

7:47 PM  
Blogger owner said...

Happy Birthday and many more.Have a great new year doing your own thing.
Want to celebrate and come to Newfoundland with us.
Donna and Bob

6:53 AM  
Blogger sally said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diana,
Belated Birthday greetings. I've been away from my computer for the past week and am just catching up. Having hit the big 65 in January -- I can only say you are only as old as you feel.

Carol

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home