Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hot Springs and Rocks

Safford, AZ is known for two things -- hot springs and rockhounding. I did a little rockhounding, and found lots of small agates. But collecting rocks is not something RVers should be doing!


So, on to the hot springs. The best one is at Hot Well Dunes, a BLM area 25 miles south of town. I have wanted to go there for a long time. The road was paved about 5 years ago, so it's an easy drive. There are two nice tubs, and I shared mine with 3 handsome guys. The one in the middle is a pole vaulter whose great-grandfather once owned the land the springs are on.


There was a lot of big rusty stuff around, which I just love.


In town, the Essence of Tranquility has 5 private and 1 open communal tub, each delightfully decorated in a different theme.


The heart room was really cute.


This one was about 5 feet deep.


We stayed out of town on the Black Hills Back Country Byway. Great scenery near the rockhounding area.


Right near where we parked was the grave of a convict who was shot in 1916.

3 Comments:

Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

I think I would have been a little nervous that the convict might have a ghost.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Desert Diva said...

I was in Sam's Club after work last night and there were some WIN's passing through to go to Carlsbad Caverns. They're leaving Friday so you'll probably miss them.

Gee, I was going to suggest we go to T or C for a day trip (and a hot springs soak), but it looks like you've got the M.O. on hot springs down.

I'm excited to finally "meet up" with you and your "new friend."

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hot springs look nice.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home