Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Jiggin' and a Kayakin' We Will Go

The main activity at the WIN NARKSMO circuit is kayaking. This is the view from the campground down to Sylamore Creek, where it flooded in March and April. Look at that poor little tree!


On one kayaking trip, our group left from the campground and floated down the nearby White River.


We have a tradition that whoever gets dunked in the water has to wear the duck cap until someone else gets dunked. Bob was very happy to hand it off to Nancy.


We also did a lot of dancing in Mountain View. I thought the best place was Taylor's Sons of the Ozarks. Each night they urged us to return, saying "It won't be any better, but it'll be different."



If you look closely, you will see a barefoot jig and sister Barbara dancing.



More barefoot jiggin' and double harmonica playin'. The two harmonicas are in different keys and were necessary because a harmonica doesn't have all notes on it.

On another day, Barbara, Phil and I went to Mountain Home, 50 miles away from Mountain View, so I could buy the kind of bread I like. In order to try to justify the trip, I found a group of historic buildings called the Rapps Barren Settlement in Mountain Home. This is a log cabin from the 1860s.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your first picture shows the exact spot that I was launched on my 1st ever kayak trip. I went upstream alone... there was only 1 kayak in the group and it was Dick's. Several of us were parked right on the beach! on grass!

Love your videos...keep up the good work.

Hugs, Sharon

12:51 PM  
Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Funny, I don't see you in any kayaking pictures. Oh, I know, that's because you're taking them. Great barefoot close-up.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must be some good bread!

2:17 PM  
Blogger onthemove said...

What kind of bread was worth such a long trip? Love the jigging!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home