Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A One-Legged Table

We changed "domiciles" for no better reason than the hope for more sunshine in Eastern Portland. Also, it puts us near the brand new Ikea store, where Diana purchased a table and one leg. The Moose lodge in Gresham is one of our regular stops and a good place to do the installation.


Diana had a clear mental picture of her new all-purpose table configuration. Randy's job is to make it real. Out with the old, broken into small disposable pieces.


Randy's working hard, but Molly wants a kiss.


In with the new.


Voila! A table with one leg and a happy camper lady.

Timid souls are afraid to tamper with factory installations. Not Diana! She fearlessly rips out and rearranges till her nest is custom fitted to herself.

The exposed wheel well section is a problem for another day. Bookcase? Cabinet? She's still thinking. Exquisite constructions, like pyramids, are built one piece at a time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A one legged table - I see a poem coming on. We noticed a few other changes too - like a new rug! Nice! And less window treatment for more light. Inverter by the light. And a really nice foot rest (although that was probably there.)

5:43 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Wow! You guys are really eagle-eyes! Yes, the rug was brand new--not even cut yet. The curtain was off because I needed to shorten it, but it's going back on. The inverter was a necessary addition a few weeks ago. And the "foot rest" was the wheel well cover between the dinette seats. We're trying to figure out whether to rip it out and cover up the whole wheel well at once, or connect a cover onto the one that was there.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Desert Diva said...

It looks great - I need a "Randy" in my life to "trick out" my RV...

10:16 PM  
Blogger Allan said...

Hey Diana,

I like what you did! I see you took out everything!! I think I will rip out my existing wheel well cover and replace with new boards and make into some sort of bookcase. I'll also replace the wiring for the propane and carbon monoxide detector when I get to Parker AZ in November.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home