Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Beaverton Extra


Al steered us to the Beaverton Farmers Market. He did not steer us wrong. Here the accent is on homegrown, natural, organic, wholesome fruits, veggies, and flowers.



We saw things I didn't know existed: lemon cucumbers, "heritage" tomatoes that really taste like tomatoes. Spent a terrific half day with Al and Sally, mingling with wholesome and organic people.



Very near the Elks parking lot, we discovered exotic animals on our doorstep--two alpacas! Molly really enjoyed rubbing noses with them.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for heirloom tomatoes! We have been enjoying fresh local organic ones as well.

As always I love reading your blog. Thanks for the opportunity to enjoy your travels vicariously.

8:58 AM  
Blogger sally said...

Finally, a desk. And a couch. Ah, life if good.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vine ripened tomatoes. There is nothing like the flavor. This is the time of the year that I search for those farmers markets where ever I happen to be.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home