Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

A New "Home" and a New Chair


We nomads know about the empty feeling of being strangers in a strange land. Smart nomads know that "friends" are everywhere, and that there are many ways to quickly "get connected." Joining the Moose and Elks lodges was one of our better moves. These fine folks always make us feel welcome. We feel "at home," and "among friends" in short order. Hundreds of these lodges dot the landscape and most allow camping.

Here we are settled in at the Beaverton, OR Elks' spacious lot-- a perfect base from which to explore all Portland. Could anyone ask for more?

Diana is really fired up with her vision of converting her dinette into a computer-friendly area. Here is the "before" picture. The dinette is really in the way!

Here Randy completes phase one of the project: Taking out half the dinette to make room for "the chair." It takes courage to rip out perfectly servicable equipment to make way for a personal vision. The whole dinette will eventually come out, and a new table put in along the window.


But oh, how sweet the end result!

4 Comments:

Blogger sally said...

WOW!! Nice chair!!

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good... Now if Randy just builds a little cabinet around the wheel well, you'll have a nice spot for your printer.

Hugs, Sharon

10:38 PM  
Blogger Desert Diva said...

Gee, you're lucky to have "master jack-of-all-trades" Randy to help make your RV improvements. I love the new chair.

Alas, my "summer sojourn" is over and I'm two days back into my job. I miss the road already. Maybe I'll see you and Randy at Thanksgiving.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice chair. I'm very jealous.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home