Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Randy's Work UNDER the Bed


Our big purchase at Quartzsite this year was new AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) batteries for both of us. This new kind of battery is non-venting, charges faster, holds a charge longer, and can be installed anywhere, in any position, even upside-down. I wanted mine under the bed, so Randy got right to work.


When he was finished, he thought it would be easier to come out the side access. Wrong! This was as far as he got.


I now have more power than I thought possible. The voltage registers 12.88 at night after watching 3 hours of TV, and is the same in the morning.


Molly and her baby slept through all the excitement....


We’re now back in the desert near Yuma, and the weather is finally warming up. It was 81 degrees yesterday!

Diana

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a cute dog!!!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home