Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

Wow! It must have been a wild New Years Eve! Here we are at our New Years morning coffee get-together.



This little tract of land we are parked on is full of interesting sounds and sights. Besides the paintball fights and the trains, we have a lot of hummingbirds. They are hard to photograph, but I tried. Our best guess? That is a Costa's on the left and an Anna's on the right. If there is an expert out there who has a better idea, please let us know.


We also have dive-bombing cropdusters flying overhead every evening. Yuma is "The Winter Lettuce Capital of the World." Over 90 percent of the country's winter vegetable crops are grown in this area!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Those hummingbird pictures are amazing!

Barbara

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home