Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Felicity, CA -- Official Center of the World


Ten miles west of Yuma lies the tiny town of Felicity, CA. Founded in 1986 by a rich Frenchman, Jacques-Andre Istel, it has been designated the official center of the world by Istel and Imperial County, in which it lies. A 21' tall pink marble pyramid marks the exact spot.


A 117-year-old 25' section of the original stairway of the Eiffel Tower is also on the property. For safety reasons, the stairway at the tower was replaced in 1983.


Istel is also writing and illustrating the story of Evolution, and the complete history of the Universe and the Human Race. It is being engraved on the Wall for the Ages, a series of 100' long marble walls.


New this year is the Chapel on the Hill.

All of us want to say something to the world. Jacques-Andre Istel has much to say and says it well!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for telling the story.

I had wondered what Felicity was and now that the chapel on the hill was built, my curiosity had increased.

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Bobbi M said...

I liked your blog thanks for sharing this

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home