Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Algodones Dunes


World class sand dunes; a primo playground for dune buggies and ATVs. On any weekend, they cluster by the thousands and play in this gigantic sandbox. It stretches more than 50 miles long and averages 5 miles wide.

Beautiful and compelling, a short walk into them stirs emotions of escape, solitude, adventure.

Our friends, Mac and Myrna, who live at dunes edge, point out a unique feature of this National Preserve--they cannot be damaged--rip and snort, spin and gouge all you wish and the next wind will vanish all trace of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home