Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Nomadic Quotes

Randy is reading Wandering God–a Study of Nomadic Spirituality by Morris Berman, a book claiming that travel is inherently therapeutic. Here are two quotes that impressed him:

"People wish to be settled;
but only as far as they are unsettled, is there any hope for them."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

The second is a 5000-year old Sumerian poem describing nomads.

"A tent dweller buffeted by wind and rain
Dwelling in the mountain
The one who digs up mushrooms at the foot of the
mountain, who does not know how to bend the knee;
Who eats uncooked meat;
Who in his lifetime does not have a house;
Who on the day of his death will not be buried."

1 Comments:

Blogger Bhagyalakshmy said...

I envy you. I guess we were all nomads and i find it very difficult to suppress the wanderlust in me and am forcefully domesticating myself :) - bhagya

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home