Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Mt. Shasta



Here we are camped where we’ve camped before, with a great view of Mt. Shasta, off Hwy 89 beside the quiet ski park road. We liked it well enough to stay two days. The road was fairly steep, and I was pointed downhill, so I got level by putting large blocks under my truck wheels. Lots of great parking places require a little leveling work. In severe tilt situations, we’ve been known to dig a hole on one side and put blocks on the other. There are 47 ways to skin a cat, as we say in Louisiana, and probably 47 ways to get level. We each carry a nice selection of blocks.

A little farther south, we were attracted by a vast unoccupied mesa and lava field on the map, and made our way there. (Wilcox Rd, then turn left on a dirt road toward the fishing access) Wow! What a whopper of a lava field, thousands of acres----and, a river runs through it. A river so clear and sweet that its entire flow is blocked and siphoned off into a giant pipe to somewhere. We stayed 2 days enjoying the quiet.

Randy

1 Comments:

Blogger squire said...

Is that your grocery list on the board behind you?

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home