Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Hop, Skip, and a Crash

After Glacier National Park, we headed west, but the heat was unbearable. So we went skipping across northern Washington, staying at each mountain pass.

At Loup Loup pass, a forest fire just to the north of us made for a spectacular sunset.

At Rainy Pass, we hiked to Lake Ann, a hike we had done 8 years ago.

As the weather cooled off, we arrived at Burlington, north of Seattle. While passing through an intersection, Diana’s car was hit by a car that went through a red light.


Ouch! She’s fine, but the car will be in the shop for 2-3 weeks. We’ve settled in at Enumclaw, a lovely town within touring distance of both Seattle and Mt. Rainier. We plan to do a lot of sightseeing.

1 Comments:

Blogger sally said...

I'm glad you are OK, Diana. Sorry about your car. I'll be in Seattle for Labor Day. Will you still be in the area then?

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home