Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

A City Fix in Reno


Since we are planning to go down Highway 395 (where there are no Walmarts-gasp!), we needed a place where we could stock up. We stayed here almost a week, which was longer than we had planned. Randy hurt his back, and could hardly stand up, let alone walk or drive. But yesterday, he finally went to a doctor, who gave him some good drugs, so it looks like he will recover.



Our stay in Reno coincided with the aptly-named Street Vibration Motorcycle Rally. Believe me, the streets really do vibrate from the thousands of motorcycles.

Diana

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drugs are a wonderful thing. Many years ago I had messed up my back and ended up at the doctor who prescribed Flexeril three times a day. I was a non-functioning zombie. After two days of that, it was down to one dose before bedtime. That was all I needed to keep those back muscle spasms in check.

Regarding Reno motorcycle rally... that would explain all the motorcycles I saw passing through Yosemite on Thursday.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home