Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Joshua Tree National Park



We spent 4 days in Black Rock Canyon campground in the park. It is almost uninhabited during the week, but fills up on weekends.

We met an interesting guy in the campground, Philly Joe, who has challenged himself to circumnavigate the contiguous 48 states in a canoe. So far he has paddled from the tip of Texas, around Florida, and up the East coast to Maine, and will begin again in the Spring. Read his inspirational story .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home