Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Monday, October 23, 2006

The Land of the Free



Because I lived in a planned community, with all its rules and regulations, for so many years, I really love this area around Landers. This is freedom at its ultimate! If you want to fill your yard with folk art sculptures, you can.

Randy says that dry scrubland living screens out the timid and tame, leaving only tough, self-reliant, freedom-loving individuals--those that march to their own drumbeat. Eccentricity here is on public display.

Diana


P.S. Randy’s baby caught a fly–he’s so proud! In his continuing effort to reduce the weight of his trailer, he’s thinking about throwing away his fly swatter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home