Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Lowry Pueblo


Travelling nearby, we took a little side trip to visit Lowry Pueblo in Canyons of the Ancients National Monument in SW Colorado. The monument contains 20,000 ancient sites, and Lowry is one of the largest ruins. It contains 40 rooms and 8 kivas dating to the 11th century.

Here's Randy in a giant kiva addressing the spirits of the Ancient Ones.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can your blog software allow for a live button that says, "Enter caption?" There will be prizes, of course.

Anyway, for the photo with Randy holding forth with the gods, I submit:

Randy: "...allow me to illustrate!"

(impish grin)

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following your travels from a distance, for quite a while now. After all Perth, Western Australia is about as far away as one can get! In 2006 my wife and I cycled from Banff,Canada to Antelope Wells, NM on the Great Divide Mountain Bike route, an awesome experience. Your visit to Chama brings back a wealth of memories for us, as we called in to Chama to escape dreadful weather in the Mountains for a few days.

6:39 PM  
Blogger "his-self" said...

I have also been following your travels from a distance. Even though I'm from the general area you are in now I have yet to visit Canyons of the Ancients. Your posts and pictures convince me I've got to get there soon!

Happy Trails!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home