Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Four Corners


Nicely symbolic of our lifestyle choice—to sit on the edge of things! The flags at half-mast, even in this remote location, show the unity of our nation.



Camping near Bluff, Utah at the base of the famous Comb Ridge, a huge obstacle to early wagon trains. Nearby are the canyons where the ancient ones lived.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rick Brentlinger said...

I enjoy your blog.

Would you consider adding some comments about fuel economy, the size engine in your tow vehicles and your thoughts on how to travel economically.

Many thanks!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

You must have picked the only time there wasn't a million tourists there. I sure couldn't get a pic with just us.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you wearing jackets in May?

Hugs...Sure do miss you guys.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Brrrrr.... It was cold out. That's probably why there weren't a million tourists there!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Desert Diva said...

I love reading about your adventures. It seems like you are taking some great hikes and the photographs are amazing.

I'm thinking I'll spend a little time in Southern Utah before I head to the Pacific Northwest.

I was thinking of catching up with the WIN's this summer, but it looks like they are mainly visiting California.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home