Life on the Open Road (April 2006 - May 2008)

The continuing saga of a single fulltime RVer who travels the western US. This is part one of my journey, from April 2006, when the blog started, to May 2008, when the blog continues at www.lifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:

I have been a full-time RVer for 20 years, primarily "boondocking," camping free without hookups, in the Western US. My batteries are charged solely by solar panels. I welcome your comments and emails. I also make trips to other countries, although not usually with the RV.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Goosenecks


After leaving Monument Valley, we passed through Mexican Hat, UT on our way to Goosenecks State Park. Here is the rock the town is named for. Believe it or not, people actually climb to the top.


Goosenecks State Park is a great free spot to camp, looking down on the San Juan River as it loops around and around. Here we are parked on the edge, high above the water.


This is really 3 pictures sewn together on the computer, showing what is actually a 180-degree view.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotcha! We don't stay at Gooseneck State Park...that is day use only. We stay on the BLM land right next to the State Park. The paved area is the Park!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I was through this way on my bike about 10 years ago and didn't realize what the Goosenecks were and didn't make the effort to stop. Once I saw what they were I just kicked myself for not stopping. Once I full time I'll be out this way for a couple of days.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home